In light of the guiding principles laid down by the founding fathers and the constitution as also aspirations of the people of Pakistan, the objectives of foreign policy can be summarized as under:
· Promotion Pakistan as a dynamic, progressive, moderate, and democratic Islamic country.
· Developing friendly relations with all countries of the world, especially major powers and immediate neighbours.
· Safeguarding national security and geo-strategic interests, including Kashmir.
· Consolidating our commercial and economic cooperation with international community.
· Safeguarding the interests of Pakistani Diaspora abroad.
· Ensuring optimal utilization of national resources for regional and international cooperation.