January 18, 2016| Press Releases|
The Prime Minister led a high level delegation to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on 18 January 2016 and called on the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques His Majesty King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud in Riyadh.
2. As is well known, the people of Pakistan hold the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in high esteem and have deep respect for the Custodian of the two Holy Mosques. Both peoples are bonded through historical, cultural and Islamic ties of brotherhood.
3. During the talks, both sides underscored the need for further strengthening of bilateral relations, in all fields, including defence, security, economic and commercial cooperation.
4. During the meeting, views were also exchanged on various facets of enduring cooperation with regard to the Saudi initiative of formation of the Coalition of Islamic countries against terrorism. Pakistan deeply appreciates the Saudi initiative and assured the Kingdom of its support. The Prime Minister reiterated that the people of Pakistan would always stand with the people of Saudi Arabia against any threat to the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Kingdom.
5. The Prime Minister expressed our deep concern on the recent escalation of tensions between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran. He also called for early resolution of differences through peaceful means, in the larger interest of Ummah, particularly during these challenging times.
6. The Prime Minister recalled Pakistan’s consistent policy of promoting brotherhood among member states of OIC. He said that Pakistan has always expressed its readiness to offer its good offices to brotherly Muslim countries, for resolution of their differences through dialogue and reconciliation.
7. His Majesty King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud acknowledged and appreciated the sincere sentiments of the people of Pakistan that they hold for their Saudi brethren and the Kingdom. He also appreciated the initiative of the Pakistani leadership and observed that Saudi Arabia has always strived to promote brotherhood amongst Muslim countries.
8. The two delegations also discussed regional and global issues of common concerns. Views were exchanged on fighting terrorism and extremism. It was agreed that both countries would work together to defeat our common enemy – terrorism and extremism.
18 January 2016
Last modified: November 18, 2019
Our foreign policy is one of friendliness and goodwill towards all the nations of the world.