Syed Ahmed Maroof
– Born in 1967, Quetta.
– Holds Master’s degree in Statistics from University of Balochistan, Quetta. Diploma in Negotiation Skills and Level 3 Spanish Language Course from UNITAR, New York.
– Joined Foreign Service of Pakistan in 1996.
– Currently, Pakistan’s High Commissioner to the People’s Republic of Bangladesh since October 2023.
– Served at the Headquarters as Desk Officer (1997, 1999 & 2004-2006), Deputy Chief of Protocol (2013), Director (2014), Director General with NSA, PM Office (December 2020-April 2022), Director General Admin & Foreign Affairs at NSD, PM Office (April 2022-April 2023) and Director General (May 2023 to September 2023).
– Held various diplomatic assignments in Pakistan Missions Abroad:
Minister / DHM and DPR at Pakistan High Commission, Nairobi and UNEP respectively (2017-2020), Consul General, Consulate of Pakistan, Birmingham (2014-2017), Counsellor / DHM at Pakistan Embassy, Brasilia (2009-2013), First Secretary / HOC at Embassy of Pakistan, Kathmandu (2006-2009), Second Secretary at Pakistan High Commission, London (2001-2004) and Third Secretary UT at Permanent Mission of Pakistan to the UN, New York (March 1998-May 1999).
– Working knowledge of Portuguese.
– He is married.
– Enjoys woodwork, painting and cooking in free time.