July 21, 2022| Tunis-Embassy Posts|
• Tunisians like Pakistanis are proud of their religion, culture and freedom struggle against colonial rule. Appreciate commonalities between Pakistan and Tunisia.
• Please ensure to have complete paperwork/documentation for your stay in Tunisia, including valid passport and visa. It is important to be mindful of the duration of visa. Overstay can lead to hefty penalties.
• Keep some cash in hand as many taxis and restaurants do not accept credit/debit cards.
• Avoid political discussion on internal situation in Tunisia.
• Law and order situation in Tunisia is generally stable. However, avoid roaming around late night.
• Bargaining is acceptable in kiosks, street vendors and tourist shops. However Tunisian shopkeepers have indifferent temper. Therefore, do not argue over price beyond a point.
• Ideal time to travel to Tunisia is from September to June. July-August can be hot and humid.
• Avoid desert safaris in Southern Tunisia during summer season. Temperature in the desert can rise quickly and to dangerous proportions.
• Tunisians by and large, have moderate religious outlook and religion is regarded as a private matter. Tunisian women are emancipated and play a positive role in the society and the workforce. Debates on religion and cultural norms of Tunisia must be avoided.
Last modified: July 25, 2022
Our foreign policy is one of friendliness and goodwill towards all the nations of the world.