Punjab Overseas Pakistani Commission (OPC) has been constituted through an Act of Punjab Assembly (XX of 2014) and can be accessed at the below URL:
Complaint Redressal Process
The Mechanism of complaint redressal is stated below:
- Overseas Pakistanis can lodge their complaints to OPC through any one of three modes:
- OPC Complaint Portal, from anywhere in the world.
- OPC 24/7 Helpline, UAN: +92 42 111 672 672
- OPC Helpdesk established in OPC office at 1- Club Road, GOR-I, Lahore
- Once the complaint is received at OPC complaint portal it is scrutinized whether;
- The complainant is an Overseas Pakistani as defined in Punjab Overseas Pakistanis Commission Act, 2014.
- Complainant has provided/attached all the relevant documents/information necessary for complaint processing.
- If any of these two requirements are not met, complainant is asked to provide the missing details through phone, email and User Feedback box of OPC complaint portal. The complaint remains pending till the complainant provides the required details.
- Depending on the issue involved, a complaint received to the Commission may be referred for redressal either to a Government Department or District Overseas Pakistanis Committee (DOPC). It is the prerogative of the Commissioner OPC to decide where a complaint is to be referred. The Director General OPC also enjoys this right.
- After the required documents/ information is provided the complaint is “Referred” online to the concerned District Overseas Pakistanis Committee (DOPC) or Government Department for its redress in a month time, with an initial response time of 7 days. The complaint is assigned to a “Dealing Officer” (an officer of OPC) who is responsible for tracking the progress of complaint redress process and coordinates between complainant and the DOPC/Department.
- The District Overseas Pakistanis Committee or the department processes the complaint, calls in reports from field formation, summons and hears both parties in its meeting to resolve the issue.
- A report is submitted to OPC and complaint is “Referred Back” on the complaint portal after finalization of the complaint redress process.
- Performance of DOPC/Department is reviewed constantly and reminders are issued if complaint is not resolved in stipulated time.
- The final report by the DOPC/Department is scrutinized by the OPC and if the complainant is satisfied and confirms that his/her grievance has been redressed, the complaint is tagged as “Resolved”, by the Commissioner.
- If OPC or complainant feels that District Committee or Department has not done enough and complaint is not redressed, it is again referred to DOPC/Department.
- In the whole process of redressal the complainant can remain updated through, User Feedback box of OPC complaint portal. Overseas Pakistanis are also welcome to visit the OPC office for this purpose.