March 31, 2022| Press Releases|
Statement by the Foreign Minister
State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi,
Foreign Minister of Iran, Russia, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan,
Foreign Ministers of Indonesia and Qatar,
Acting Foreign Minister of Afghanistan,
Ladies and Gentlemen
Let me join State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi in welcoming Acting Foreign Minister of Afghanistan to this forum.
I welcome Foreign Ministers of Indonesia and Qatar to join us in our deliberations.
Earlier today, we had a comprehensive review of the latest situation in Afghanistan and how best to support Afghanistan on its path to peace, progress and prosperity.
A number of suggestions were made in this regard during the meeting
I would like to highlight some crucial aspects of our discussion:
• There was an emphasis on strengthening regional approach.
• The international community’s practical engagement with Afghanistan was underlined.
• The regional countries reiterated support for a peaceful, stable and prosperous Afghanistan.
• The regional countries shared certain expectations regarding inclusivity and girl’s education from the Afghan authorities to maintain the engagement.
• The regional countries highlighted the need for effective counter-terrorism effort.
We believe our two-way communication is essential.
We hope that the Afghan authorities take note of regional countries’ expectations and implement additional measures.
We urge the international community to think beyond provision of humanitarian assistance.
Our long-cherished connectivity projects will materialize with the support of international community.
The question of recognition cannot be left unaddressed indefinitely.
It is important to develop consensus, with regional countries playing a leading role.
I thank you !
Last modified: March 31, 2022
Our foreign policy is one of friendliness and goodwill towards all the nations of the world.